Forget resolutions and goal setting. Maybe the best new year approach is akin to throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what sticks. It’s quite the opposite of an intentional new year but maybe being intentional is too much pressure, too boring, too rigid, too unaligned!
Maybe it is more fun or feels more right to try new things and follow intuition in figuring out what feels good and go with what sticks.
As my word for the year is working its way to me, I am throwing all sorts of spaghetti.
Here are the things I have started or restarted doing, not necessarily everyday, in the first 5 days of 2022 –
- taken out the yoga mat and stretched/done yoga throughout the day
- practiced 20 minutes of breathwork via a YouTube video
- drank loose leaf brewed green tea
- listened to a money course on Insight Timer
- meditated on Insight Timer
- did an intergenerational healing
- set time limits on several apps on my phones
- gone to bed at 1AM (as opposed to my 2021 norm of 3AM)
- got my house dowsed/cleared of energy interferences
- worked on money blocks
- listened to podcasts and ebooks
And maybe next month will bring a new bunch of spaghetti at the wall because nothing stuck. I’m not saying we should be flinging spaghetti around everywhere but during times when we may not feel called to be intentional, throwing spaghetti may be just what we need.
A daily practice challenges the person who creates on “inspiration.” We have to mother everyday, and ultimately, it is the daily grind that gives us perspective, clarity and the “high’s” of motherhood. I am exploring if the same happens when I write everyday on the topics that normally light me up – motherhood, self-development, healing and creating. Sign up here to receive those thought nuggets in your inbox on the daily.